Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Mid Week Mayhem


I am really enjoying "1984" by George Orwell. Its kind of a scary reality of some of the aspects of our society that could go wrong. You know I don't like watching the news all that much because it is quite overwhelming, but when I do, I am quite shocked at the state of our country. I remember when I was in school learning about the great depression and looking at all the pictures. It seemed like that couldn't ever happen to our country again , right? It makes me wonder how our generation can cope with the same sort of tragedy. I feel bad for all the people who aren't going to get benefits or unemployment. I can relate to how hard this situation is. I watched my family go through all the losses that go along with loosing your job. As soon as I start thinking about my parents loosing our family home, car, and seeing their life crumble in front of them, I want to cry. This happened just a couple of years ago, and was probably one of the most devastating things to watch my parents go through, and not be able to help them. I am disturbed by how our government has a lack of concern for all these families that will have no where to go. I watched CNN the other night listening to two women who work at the DMV in California and face only making minimum wage, and one of the comments that they get from a government official is ," We all have to make sacrifices sometimes." Really? It's not their fault the state is in debt. I don't know why I decided to talk about this today, but I can't stop thinking about it. It keeps running over in my head. I don't like the people suffering for the governments mistakes. I really hope that our country can turn around. Yucky to think about but, the reality of the situation. Our president has a whole lot to think about and deal with. I don't know how he does it. I'm just one citizen of this huge country, a small voice, but I do pray for things to get better, and that brighter days will come. I want this for my kids and for the future of not just our country , but the world. Sorry to be downer, but I want to share my brain.
This makes me laugh!

No comments:

Post a Comment