Friday, July 23, 2010

Friday!


I started a couple nights ago pattern Simplicity 2447.
I am going to do version D. But I am going to minus the sleeves and I'm lengthening it into a dress. This is a "easy-to-sew" pattern, and I can tell this one is going to be a fun one to make.



I finished a new piece the other day. I still need to finish painting the frame. The theme of the piece is "My covers will protect me from the storm." Even as children when it is storming we would put our covers over our head so that we would feel safe. I think even as adults our covers take us away from our worries to just rest and relax and feel safe from the storms of life.
I have been seen a whole love of plaid. Last night we were bored so we went to the mall and let the kids throw pennies in the fountain. I always head to Forever 21 to get an idea of whats coming up for the next season and whats out there. I'm seeing a whole lot of plaid (which is what I love), cute tanks, skirts that are totally eighties, floral. You know whats awesome, I don't think I ever stopped loving that style. The great thing is, is that you could recreate this style from the thrift store, or sewing some of the pieces yourself. I typically don't like to buy stuff there, except if it is a piece I know I won't find anywhere else, but most of the clothes are make very cheap and low quality fabric. Sorry for bashing, I'm just always shocked at the quality when I look at the clothes. Anyways, I'm looking forward to the styles this next year. It's like me in junior high all over again!

1 comment: