Tuesday, January 26, 2010

This and That....



I love to go thriftstore shopping. I go almost every weekend, and to one main store everytime, Unique Thriftstore. I find so many treasures there, but the best things I find are craft things. I found a spool holder to hold all my thread for 2.95, almost three yards of fabric for 1.95, and several embroidery hoops all about a dollar a piece. I love that place. I have found most of my vintage phones and typewriters there as well. I have been working on my McCalls 5929. I am having so much fun with this pattern. I have an obsession with ruffles. I just love ruffles. I also love love plaid. Most of the shirts I make are plaid. This material is a light cotton flannel. I love flannels and this one is not too bulky to work with. I want to get this done before valentines day. I just have put the collar, sleeves and back on and I'm done. I got most of the hard parts done. I have to say two of my favorite hobbies to do is sewing my own clothes and embroidery. I could do this all day long. Last summer I made a shirt just by looking at one online, and I was so impressed with myself. I didn't take a pic, but I want to do this more often, for all those shirts that are out of my price range and I can make for a decent price. For people who don't sew they sometimes wonder why I wouldn't go buy a shirt if the materials cost me the same amount. Well the answer I give is that I love to make my own clothes. I can tailor them to my size, exact material, colors, the enjoyment of knowing I made it , and I enjoyed every bit of making it. I love to sew!

No comments:

Post a Comment