Thursday, January 14, 2010

Lunch, Dinner, and a Song




I am on sunflower seed kick. For lunch I had a salad, (recipe as follows):
romaine lettuce
cut red grapes,
sunflower seeds
chicken breast (leftover from dinner)
light rasberry vinagrette
Alternate items I have done: celery, carrots, deli chicken

I am also on a pepper and brown rice kick. I don't know what stores everyone has but I shop at Kroger. I recently discovered that I can buy a bag of peppers (red, green, yellow) and onions for one dollar. To buy one red pepper it can sometimes be a dollar or more. So is my dinner recipe:
Keilbasa smoked sausage
brown rice
1 can of chicken broth (boil your rice in the broth)
frozen peppers (cook with 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder, 1/2 teaspoon of thyme, and a dash of cayenne pepper, more if you like it spicey.)
When you have cooked your peppers sufficiently drain some of the water that has come from the frozen peppers then add the smoked sausage and cook together for a few minute incorporate the sausage taste.
When that has cooked for about ten or so minutes and your rice is all cooked add the rice to the sausage and pepper mix and let the simmer for just a couple of minutes.
Enjoy!
I also wanted to share a beautiful singer songwriter. Joanna Newsome plays a beautiful harp! You may not be sure about her voice at first but she definitly grows on you and you realize that uniqueness of her voice and the talent she truly has. I love her music. Her song "Peach, Plum, Pear" is another song I love. Take a listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment