Monday, April 5, 2010

Thrifty Weekend, and my small cup collection




I got to do a little bit of flea market shopping this weekend. I was so excited to find a Vintage magazine rack. I have been looking for one forever! I always tend to find , country style. The design on this one got me so excited and the color of the wood. I had thought about repainting it, but I'm afraid it may take away from the charm of the design on the front.

A couple of years ago, my husband and I started collecting the collector glasses that remind us of our childhood. We had first found the "Battle Star Galactica." This one is my husbands childhood memories.



Our second find would be the "Return of the Jedi." Now if you grew up in the late seventies , or early eighties your have to have heard of Star Wars. This one is a family favorite!



The glass I found this weekend was "E.T." This movie is the epitemy of the eighties. My husband cried for three days afer he saw this movie! He was five I believe. I love how the cup says "Phone Home." This was the classic line from the movie. It's amazing how just little cups can bring back so many feelings and memories from your childhood. What do you collect?


1 comment:

  1. I LOVE your E.T glass, i must admit i cried for about a week after he went home. I still cry now if i watch it.

    I love collecting things that remind me of my childhood too xx

    ReplyDelete