Monday, April 26, 2010

Summer Sewing Ideas





Now that I am nearly complete with some of my big orders, I am totally going to take some time to get to work on some summer shirts before summer is over. I like alot of the styles that Urban Outfitters has, but I can't always afford them, unless of course its on the clearance. I always take a stop at the one in Cincinnati on the way to my parents. We don't have one here. The t-shirt I love so much. I have always been a fan of the old worn t-shirt look. I try to find vintage tees at the thriftstore any chance I get. I have a John Cougar Mellanchamp one that is so comfortable, I just love.(note:not a fan, but he reminds me of my childhood). I found a vintage pencil sharpener, like they ones that used to hang on the wall in school. It goes perfect with all of our other vintage office supplies. I have been coming up empty handed thrifting lately. Well, I did find two more Star Wars cups to go with our collection. I completely forgot. One is "Jabba the Hutt" and the other has "Hans Solo". Score! OH yes we won a Nintendo on ebay the other day, and we cannot wait to get it. We bought some of the classic games too such as, "duck hunt", " super mario", "paper boy", and several more I don't know the names of. We can't wait to get it in the mail.

I got so bummed on another Ebay bidding war. I am wanting to buy a vintage "Lundby" dollhouse, but the prices keep going to high. I want to spend around 100 dollars total, but I'm not sure if this will happen. I thought about building my own, but I love the sun room in the vintage, the windows, just everything. I will keep looking though. Ebay starts to make you compromise what you would normally spend on something. I try to set my limit and stick too it. But sometimes you start to get annoyed and get in a bidding war. Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment