Thursday, February 24, 2011

Rainy Day

We are getting all kinds of rain around here. I don't mind the rain too much. I think the older I get I really enjoy being a homebody. I like getting out, but my home is where its at sometimes. I love snuggling up with a book, watching a show or two, embroidering, cooking, playing Nintendo, well the list goes on.
I just finished my mystery by Amanda Lee called "Stitch Me Deadly." Once again, a fun read. Love those books. I am really wanting to read "The Bell Jar" by Sylvia Plath. I have heard so much about her works and have yet to read one. Such an intriguing women dealing with depression and mental illness whilst writing. Sounds like a good read.
Have you read anything lately that has been good?
I'm always up for new books.
I really do love the work of Hayao Miyasaki. I have looking through Netflix adding some I hadn't even heard of. I really do love his love of the earth and protecting the land that we have been given.
We recently borrowed "Kiki's delivery Service." It was so good. It really taught integrity. It also taught respect for others and how we can help others, especially those older. Just a great film.
I finished another piece. I did some sketching last night, but didn't do much embroidering.

This piece is called "Peering."
Have a great Thursday!

2 comments:

  1. Love the embroidery! I have just finished reading the millennium trilogy by Stieg Larsson, i really didn't think i would like these books as they are very gruesome but i couldn't put them down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your so sweet Alexandra! I will definitly check that out. I'm always up to try something new ;)

    ReplyDelete