Wednesday, February 2, 2011


(mini pic)


It is bitterly cold here today. We didn't get the snow that eveyone else is getting, but we definitly have the cold winds. I am prepared with my sock monkey slippers today.
I can't beleive its already Feburary. Valentines day is right around the corner. I love to look at all the funny little valentines characters at the stores that sing songs. I was the kid who had to push all the buttons on the singing toys, and I still do that. A couple of weeks ago we came upon a little heart guy who walked and talked in a funny voice and said," Kissy, Kissy, I love You." My kids thought it would be funny while my husband was checking out the dvds to make a seveal them into walk into him. He was totally oblivious for awhile, until he felt the little heart bumping into.
While I was on bloggy break, I made my own granola. I didn't take pic because I gobbled it up like way fast. I make it sans nuts, but I put a few chocolate chips for that extra spunk. I put coconut, sunflower seeds, oats, honey, and brown sugar.
It's super simple an inexpensive. If you like granola, seriously make your own, you'll have fun adding your own ingrediants. I like raisins, but no one else liked that idea much. It takes great too on yogurt. There are a bunch of good recipes at "All Recipes."

What's your fave thing to bake or cook? I'm always up to try something different.
You know what I really want? Some really authentic Mexican recipes. That is my fave style of food. I also want to make a good gumbo.
Well now that I'm really hungry, Im going to eat leftovers from lastnight.
Have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. what a cute little picture :) I am pretty rubbish at baking and cooking, I only moved away from home for the first time last year... but I am trying to be better at it :) your granola sounds absolutely yummy! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ayden. It took me awhile to get good at cooking. Some of the things I made at first, were quite "interesting."

    ReplyDelete