Monday, January 10, 2011

Ramen Noodles

I was watching CBS's Sunday Morning, as I do most Sundays, and they had a feature on "Ramen Noodles." No, not your 10 cent packs at the grocery (I do like to eat those for lunch). They were showing how delicious authentic Ramen Noodles can be. I had no idea. This is normal on the menu for most in Tokyo. But apparently the craze is hitting the United States. Little Ramen bars are opening up. These are just cheesy little places either. These are top of the line trained chefs that take making these Ramen bowls quite seriously. Now I know I am no match against these chefs, but definitly want to try my hand at making my own. They are quite simple. Flour, egg, and salt really, thrown in some time and kneading as well. Now I like to bake, so the thought of making my own noodles sounds thrilling, escpecially ramen. You can pretty much go nuts with your veggies and broths. A popular one is miso as well.

Seriously check the video out. I'll let you know how it turns out. I hope to make them this week.
Another thing I want to make myself is sushi rolls. I could eat those all the time, especially with eel. What eel? Cooked eel that is. They are divine.
Well more on noodles, I plan on use a great recipe in "Instructables" on how to make the noodles. I need to get a good broth recipe too.


Here's my pic for my mini 365. It's titled " If cleaning could be this fun."
Have a great Monday!

2 comments:

  1. I love and collect minis, and this one is so gorgeous! I want that duck broom in my size :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Van! Yes minis are quite addicting ;)

    ReplyDelete