Monday, January 17, 2011

Happy Birthday To My Husband.....Adventures in Cooking


Today is my wonderful, cute, funny, sweet husbands birthday! I made him his favorite cake "Carrot Cake." My flickr friend Sioux had shared this recipe awhile back, so I really wanted to try it. It did not disappoint! So delicious!!!

My husband loves his moped. He has worked all winter rebuilding its engine, so I thought it was fitting to do a moped themed gift.






I have been wanting to make my own sushi rolls of some sort, just to see if I could make them successfully myself. I make "california rolls" with imitation crab, avocado, and cucumber. I made them the inside out way with the white rice and sesame seeds on the outside. They were delicous! I plan on making them again with shrimp.
I found a great tutorial
here
The rice is the main time consuming part. It must be prepared at least 2 hours before making the roll. I loved the whole process. You can do each step and then walk away.


I plan on working on some pieces for my shop and such here soon. With Christmas and multiple birthdays I haven't had much extra time. And with all this baking and experimenting I've just been having too much fun!!
Have a great Monday!

4 comments:

  1. happy birthday to your mister! what a lovely cross stitch, Im only very good at doing words at the moment, but id love to learn how to do actual pictures too. and wow, homemade sushi ♥ a girl after my own heart! it looks so neat and lovely! I'll need to hop over and check that tutorial out xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to your husband. Love your moped x-stitch! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks girls! Once you start doing pics Ayden you won't be able to stop yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday to your husband! I hope he had a wonderful birthday! Isn't that carrot cake good? :) That sushi looks super yummy! My bf recently tried a new sushi recipe we found with shrimp tempura it was super yummy! we found it here: http://soupbelly.com/2009/09/15/sushi-rolls-3-kinds/

    ReplyDelete