Friday, June 17, 2011

This Is Summer!


I had a bit of fun this morning with "Polyvore." It actually makes shopping and putting outfits together a blast. I have been wanting some strappy sandals this summer, and I'm thinking I may be heading to American Eagle to get a pair. This sums me up well. Jean shorts, sandals, grilling, popsicles, and tank tops, that pretty much me in the summer. I have to admit, I just am not a girly girl. I have a hard time putting a dress on for fun. Special occasions are fine, and I like dressing up for those, but everyday, just not me. This is me.
I've learned, the older I get, at the ripe old age of thirty, that I want to be true to who I am. I could try and look or act like everyone else, or I could be honest and true to my likes, what makes me comfortable, and what I enjoy most. I think this is what I admire most in my husband. And we support each other in this way as well.
He always encourages me in my hobbies, and never thinks searching online for the perfect miniature television is crazy. He is into bikes right now. When he is passionate about something I love it, and I want to support it, and I enjoy seeing him enjoy his hobby or interests. I think this is what makes us not just husband and wife, but best friends as well.
We do the same thing as well with the kiddos. I like to see them excited and the wonder in their faces when something is intriguing to them. They are on a rolly polly or potato bug kick. They name them, have special containers they put them in while they visit, and then they release them into their natural habitat, the backyard. I think this is why I like homeschooling so much. I get to see them get excited about the things we learn.
We might hit up a gigantic garage sale tommorrow if weather permits. Father's day has chicken wings, pizza, and carrot cake in the works for a special someone. Then next week a special little girl will be five. Alot of celebrating.
Have a great day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment