Wednesday, October 26, 2011

The "Great Pumpkin"



We went in search of the "Great Pumpkin" on Saturday. We made our annual trip to the patch. We went towards the end of the season so the search took a bit longer, but that's all the fun, right? We love taking the tractor ride out to the patch. We could leave either without some apple cider, mini pumpkins (gourds), and my first white pumpkin (gourd, i've wanted one forever), and the most delicious jalapeno cheese bread on the planet ( I just ate some!).
Next on the fall baking list, before october ends are apple turnovers. My husband has been demanding, I mean asking ;) for these for weeks. He is not a dessert bar person, as I am, so these are his fall fave.
We have been watching our share of Halloween movies this season. The kids are watching "Monster House" right now. This is a great semi-creepy kid halloween movie. I love it. It was made my Steven Spielburg, so you really can't go wrong.
My husband and I watched Rosemary's Baby the other night, and have Children of the Corn coming. I hope to watch "Corpse Bride" too. I love getting creeped out. Oh and we watching, via Netflix, Paranormal Activity2, super creepy. I love the haunted movies. I've heard the third is quite spectacular.

What have you been watching? Any yummy treats on the list to make?

1 comment: