Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Thinking about Decorations


via weheartit

So I have been thinking about decor lately for the holidays. I am really into a vintage look. I have been trying to find some bottle brush trees ever since I saw "My Paper Sparrow" on flickr. She compiled the the most amazing collection of pics on her flickr.
Now if I could find some for a decent price.
I do a white tree for my main tree (fake). How bout you? But I also have a blue, and green tinsel tree. I love the little tinsel trees.
I love love vintage ornaments as well. I bought some look alike ones that Target did about 7 years ago. My mom has a awesome collection.


via weheartit

I have been trying to come up with some new ornament ideas. I made my son an R2-D2 several years ago that still dons our tree.


I really do love snowmen. I'm working on a plushie snowman slowly. I have never done a whip stitch on the edges, my first attempt, and it has been quite fun.
I really want to make an advent calendar of some sort. I have a couple of weeks before the count down will begin. Gotta get those holiday wheels a spinnin'.
I start decorating usually the day after Thanksgiving, although I have been known to do it a couple of days before. What about you? When do you like to start decorating?
Have a great Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment