Tuesday, October 27, 2009

The Costumes are done!






I finished the cupcake costumes while making dinner. We have a cupcake with a cherry on top, and a cupcake with a rasberry on top.. I made these of felt so they stay nice and stiff. These are not my original idea, I saw these in the Pottery Barn Kids catalogue and just had to make them. I did the fruits different then what they had. I love making three dimensional felt objects. Last year for Christmas I made hair accessories for the girls. I have them on my flickr. I did a hairdryer, hair curler, and compact. The fruits were so fun to make. I made the costumes a little loose around the neck so that they wouldn't be too tight with coats on. The felt will be nice and warm though. I did the cupcake holders in cream. I liked the look of the cream, because I usually used cream colored papers (felt). The girls look so funny waddling around the house as cupcakes. My son had other ideas of what he wanted to be. So I wasn't sure I could recreate it as well. So he found his at the store. He loves it. I am so relieved to have these done, so that I have the rest of the week to tweek anything I might need to . Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment