Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Closed, Until Further Notice

Well I have had to make the decision. The decision about my Etsy shop. With the school year starting next week, I have decided it's time to take a break. It was hard making this decision, but if I'm going to be truthful with myself, it would be far too stressful. I have in recent months been a ball of stress. I hate how it makes me feel and act. I think this will be one less thing to harbor this feeling. Now, I can't imagine myself not making things, it's relaxing. and how my brain works. I hope maybe this time will renew me and maybe ever bring back an even more creative side. I plan on still selling locally, but on a nice slow paced scale. Ahhh, and can take deep breath now. I had originally started my shop to make some extra money for the family, and after talks with my husband, he was not at all opposed to it.
With this all said, I'm excited! I kind of want to start making stuff for fun again. I haven't done that in ages. I want to get a new craft book and work my way through some projects. I want to not have pressure or be on any time restraints. I want to make crafting fun again. Woo hoo! I said it.
I have been watching "Project Runway", and I am getting the itch to get clothes making again. I love making clothes. I know I have some requesting costume making coming up her soon, so I'm putting that on the sewing machine agenda. I was really excited when I saw these patterns from simplicity the other day "Lisette."

The styles are very nice and taylored.
I also need to make myself a nice handbag. I have been using a teeny one for awhile, so I thinks its time to make a new one.
That's all for now! Have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. I hope you will still have time to finish off your little house...have you made all the furniture yet? I really want to see it when it's done. Please.
    I love that dress on the pattern, I wish I was a better sewer...I would love to make my own clothes.
    Take care Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to do little room shots as I make pieces of furniture. I must still make time for my hobby ;)
    I think I might be a little rusty at first, it's been a few months since I've sewn clothing. Once you get sewing clothes, it seems like it gets easier and easier!
    Thanks for stopping by Kylie :)

    ReplyDelete