Sunday, July 17, 2011

Handmade Ravioli's OH MY!


Well I was making out my grocery list the other day and ravioli's sounded good. In the past I had bought frozen one's, but they are quite lack luster. So I decided that I would go on the quest to make my own. They don't really take as long as what you might think, it's the freshness and end result that make it worth it. I wanted to start off easy and do a basic ricotta cheese recipe. I want to get a little more daring and fancy next time. I just used the "wiki-how" way to make the ravioli dough and the filling mixture. I really do want to get a pasta press to get it perfectly thin, but my rolling pin did the job. We had some leftover as well, they are good if not better left over. I'm so glad I made them.
I had some time to play with my dollhouse today, which was relaxing. We have been hanging out today. I am making a mexican pork, verde salsa, bean, cilantro soup. I know its summer, but this one has a fresh taste to it with a dollop of sour cream and cilantro. Yesterday we took the kids to mini golf (putt-putt as I like to call it) for the first time. They all had their own methods of playing. It was quite fun to watch. I forgot to take pics, but it was a lot of fun. My daughter would try to stop the ball and then scoot it into the hole.



I tried to do some sketching this morning, but I couldn't think, so I just decided maybe I needed to fiddle with my minis. I have several pictures that I've been working on, but I would like to come up with a few more before I have them printed.
I hope to sell some prints of my pieces soon. I love embroidering too, but some pieces lend to a drawing a little better. Hope to share soon ;)
We got the new Gillian Welch album. It is really good.
Have a great Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment